SANUWAVE Health, Inc. (OTCBB:SNWV) has received a patent issued by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office entitled “Method and Devices for Cleaning and Sterilization with Shock Waves.” The claims of the patent (patent number 8,343,420) relate to a new method that sterilizes blood by applying external shock waves to destroy blood pathogens contained in bags, pipes and tubes.The patent has a term extending to July 2031 .
Joseph Chiarelli , Chief Executive Officer of SANUWAVE, commented:
This marks the first of many patents that we intend to add to our intellectual property portfolio to broaden the use of our technology beyond wound care and regenerative medicine. Our strategy is to explore alternative ways to maximize the value of SANUWAVE’s shock wave technology by expanding its use for many applications. This new patent protects a novel capability of our proprietary technology and has the potential to be a significant asset for our Company.
Technology, at glance:
- SANUWAVE targets $2 Billion DFU (Diabetic Foot Ulcers) market opportunity
- SANUWAVE dermaPACE provides the DFU’s treatment versus “healing” from the existing therapies
- Pivotal clinical trial of the dermaPACE device in US is expected to enroll the first patient in this quarter.
- Most likely (judging by long-term safety data) the adverse events will be no issue here: g light for NDA and PMA submission
- Upcoming potential partnerships judging by words from Joseph Chiarelli, Chief Executive Officer of SANUWAVE.
- Tiny $30MM+ market capitalization
- Broke new 52W high on last trading session on 10fold of its 3month average volume
- Less than 22MM shares outstanding
- Option and warrants priced well above $3 & have not be hitting market at current share price levels
- Lots of eyes on SNWV this weekend and more to come